Finished a game with my buddy and we played a 6 player map with one AI (getting used to the game).
I love the idea of the moving planets, so cool and it does add a level of difficulty to the game play.
The new fleet management where you can build ships from the fleet interface that come from any nearby factories and auto join is just awesome!
Now to some of things I saw that may still be a work in progress or possibly a bug.
1. Novalith cannon - Crappy! I could not shoot at a planet that was one jump away, was told it is out of range. I even researched the extended range. The notes say it can shoot 4AU. Well, an AU is about 93 million miles. That does not translate into the game at all and clicking on the shoot button does not display a range circle. If you wanted to limit the range from SofaSE from being across the map, then make its max range something like the distance from the star to the outer edge of the solar system. Just a thought.
2. Loyalist Titan - The missile addon works somewhat good, say 50% of the time. Many times I see it firing missiles in a barrage out both sides and many just stream out of the gravity well or do no tracking. Not sure what is going on with that. Secondly, the Novalith cannon on the titan. Crappy. I was in a pirate well and fired it at the pirate base and I watched it bounce off and go out into open space. That was the second shot. The first shot, looked like it came out the back of the titan and off into open space.
3. Phase Lanes: For when planet rotation is enabled, it would be helpful if a phase lane would start to flash when it is about to disconnect, maybe 5 min before disconnection, so the player can have a heads up and adjust any plans to use the lane, recall ships from across it, move defensive emplacements to another section of the gravity well. Checking the predictive rotation function is just not very feasible as there are generally way too many things going on tactically to do that and plan ahead for.
4. Tech Research - I REALLY like how the game will show what tech is needed for a ship/structure and will queue up all the needed techs as long as you have the prerequisite tech level. Nice.
5. Ability to change game speed in multiplayer would be great.
6. At a planet where I had destroyed all the structures and was bombing the planet, the owner started to build a starbase and my ships would not attack it automatically. I had to manually target the structure for them to attack it.