Hey Goa, congrats on the kudos from Stardock!
I was reading through your thread here and noted you had contemplated a "submarine" type ship but the lack of pure stealth made it porblematic.
I have an idea...
Take the Phase scout's phase out ability and combine it with the Advent Lumina's decoy duplication ability. If possible, make it spawn multiple duplicates.
So a system could have several decoys with one "hidden" original in their midst that could pop out and do the frigate equivalent of a the Tech Rebellions long shot and then shortly after pop back into obscurity--or spawn its decoys post attack and hide in their midst.
Giving it the ability to microphase (with a really long cool down) would help it get lost in the crowd more quickly.
I'd make the decoys quick kills with few HP or defenses but with the phase out ability and microphasing, they could be pretty tricky in use. You'd want this to be a hit and run, low defense type unit with long ability cool downs on average so it doesn't get abused. A stealth glass cannon is my concept.
So in summary:
- Vasari Jikura Navigator-like Selective Phasing ability.
- Advent Illuminator-like Deceptive Illusion ability (with multiple decoys or fast, multiple uses).
- Vasari Stilakus Subverter-type Distortion Field ability.
- TEC Kol battleship-like Guass Rail Gun ability for the quick strike.
- Vasari Vorastra Titan-like Micro Phase Jump ability.
Just a thought for a poor man's workaround. Would take some ability tinkering. You could have other attacks like deploy advent style mines or what have you.